Friday, January 2, 2015

Printed



I found this awesome linen fabric at Joannes of all places. The photo makes it yellowy but it's really a cream background with bright orange, pink and red flowers and scattered with phoenix birds, or maybe they're cranes...

I've been pinning patterned maxi dresses for some time now , I think I may run back in grab a few yards of it, and transform something I already own into a mixed pattern maxi dress.

Check back for before and after shots.

Have a great weekend!

UPDATE:

finished product!!! The top is a linen bustier type top that I never ever wore on it's own, so I'm happy to give it some new life.
It feels really summery to me but I still wore it for our Christmas cocktail party. The length made it feel festive enough.
One of my resolutions is to try to sew more, and I have a whole pile of things that need fixing or a transformation like this lil top.

Hopefully more to come!

No comments: