Thursday, April 24, 2014

Vacay Recap


We had the best time in Cabarete Dominican Republic, where the breeze is divine and the rum is delicious (and has a slight vanilla taste)!  We decided to be a bit more adventurous on this Caribbean get away and try surfing. We stayed at Swell Surf Camp was the best place ever , I highly recommend it.  Surf lessons are bright and early, the courtyard is beautifully landscapped with a killer pool right in the middle and meals are communal. We met the most amazing people from all over the world. After a week of lessons I don't dare call myself a surfer, but I can stand up and steer, and it was soooo much fun, not to mention an awesome workout.
Where will we go next? Actually spring has finally sprung in Chicago, so I'm excited to be right here and enjoy the spring summer in the city. After the harsh winter, seeing Chicago in full bloom is a nice reminder why we choose to live here.

1 comment: