Some things I learned about wallpapering:
- patterns are no joke-Figuring out the sq footage is all fine and dandy, but one thing I neglected to think about is that if you are using a pattern you can't re-use any of the pieces you cut away from a door or window :(
- always order WAY more than you think you need, I re-ordered 3 times
- wallpaper is expensive...you're probably thinking duh, but for real, I thought I had a cheapish roll, "only $36" but that quickly turned into almost $200
- Back to patterns, they tell you to always make the most prominent design eye level, but we ended up wasting so much paper that way, and in the end with this pattern (and how often it repeats) I don't think it would have mattered.
- once you get the hang of it it's easier than painting