Sunday, November 7, 2010

Williamsburg Chandelier DIY

Here is the before & after plus a little tutorial for my chandelier make over.

Before
-10$ Williamsburg chandelier from Craigslist

Middle- Said chandelier plus mardi gras beads.
Cut the desired length, and then hot glue in place.

After- spray paint the hell out of the above chandelier, and voila.

and it seems that this little chandelier (or variations of it) have been popping up all over!
and on D*S

I've inherited another smaller one, I might just paint it like the ones above
what do you think?
yellow?
turquoise?
pink?

Update:
Go check out JB's version of the black chandelier.
I'm so flattered!!!
If you have attempted any of the projects on this blog, or have your own ideas to share,
let me know!!!
I love mail!

12 comments:

Jessica @ budgetsavvybride said...

LOVE it!! You did a fabulous job and the beads are genius!

Teresa said...

Girlfriend. You win! Awesome.

its all over now baby blue said...

love it! yours is the best!

ms Givens said...

What a great way to re-use and it looks amazing!

Moni said...

very nice, girl! you should do the small one yellow.

lisalyn said...

Amazing!!! Really really like this. I'm posting about it on my blog tomorrow with a link back for your tutorial. :)

anhesty said...

looks fabulous. i redid my chandelier just like yours too and just added chandelier lamps and painted the chandelier black.

AM from White House, Black Shutters said...

found you via personally you parties! love this and am putting it on my to-do list, thanks so much for the idea! Following your blog!

-Ann Marie

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Wow, great minds think alike with cheap materials. Yours turned out so beautiful and much more elegant than mine. Thanks for sharing! I will definitely share your beautiful chandeliers at Dollar Store Crafts! Thanks for the links!

Quilly Nilly said...

OMG, we have that same ugly chandelier and now I'm going to go out and paint it a pale silver blue to match the other colors in our dining room - thank you, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

tracey
www.quillynilly.blogspot.com

Cher Ami said...

what a great idea, I see those crappy chandeliers all the time and never saw the potential w/just a can of spray paint!

Chandeliers Discount said...

A very creative result. It comes put very natural and so unique. Also makes it more beautiful and elegance chandelier.